Head says they've been hit by staff absences again
Ballakermeen High School's asking some students to study from home tomorrow (Friday).
Head teacher Adrienne Burnett says they've been hit by staff absences once again.
Year 9 is currently the only year group affected.
This is the letter that's been sent to parents:
"Dear Parent/Carer,
I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but due to unprecedented levels of staff absence, it will be necessary to ask Year 9 to study from home tomorrow (Friday 8th July).
Despite a concerted effort to continue to operate as normal, exceptional levels of staff absence have left us with no option but to take the action outlined above.
Work can be accessed via the usual google classroom, but with such high staff absence, there may not be work available in every subject area.
I fully appreciate the impact that this will have on our young people and families and I must apologise for the disruption to learning that will occur. I would not be taking this unwelcome action unless it was essential.
Yours regretfully,
Adrienne Burnett, Head Teacher"

No timeline yet for reinstatement of rehab service to north
Manx Care TT ready despite 'exceptional' pressures faced last week
Manx Telecom merger not scrutinised by Manx Government
'Isle of Man could drive drug reform innovation'
Noble's Emergency Department 'well under the size that it should be'