Douglas primary school opened on 10 October 1892
A Douglas primary school is marking its 130th anniversary today.
The original part of the school contains the kitchen, toilets, hall, library and the office.
An extension was opened in September 1995, containing three classrooms, a shared area, staffroom and entrance hall.
In September 2000, a new classroom and a multi-purpose room were completed in the basement, and in 2012 a further extension was opened, which provides more children's toilet facilities, storage and office space and also a library.
In its history, there have only been 11 headteachers.
Warning over flare disposal after amenity site fire
Suspended sentence for 56-year-old in cannabis supply case
Owner of a block of flats fined for failing to meet fire safety regulations
Review of taxi fares extended to assess impact of Middle East conflict