Minister says steps to be taken to improve communication through staff bulletins
The cabinet office minister says lessons have been learned following 'confusion' caused during the snow day earlier this month.
On Monday 5 January it was suggested that schools - which had been kept closed during the morning - might reopen for the afternoon; authorities later decided to keep them closed.
In the House of Keys, Arbory, Castletown and Malew MHK Jason Moorhouse asked whether anything would come of the impact caused by the 'staff bulletin' sent out early that morning.
David Ashford says, while adverse weather conditions can cause challenges, steps will be taken to avoid further 'confusion' in the future:

Reports of people not listening to marshals on day one of MGP
Arrow returns to service after repairs
A Manx bap and chicken katsu curry included in new school menu
Study finds Isle of Man's clothing offering rates poorly for women