Hopes work will start next year
Infrastructure Minister Ray Harmer says he hopes work on the full refurbishment of Douglas Promenade will begin next year.
The stretch between Castle Mona Avenue and Summerhill will be resurfaced in stages from this Friday.
Yesterday in Tynwald, a figure of just over three million pounds was quoted as having been spent on the refurbishment scheme so far.
Mr Harmer says he is determined to get on with the job after decades of delays.

Manx Care chair to step down
Minister rules out follow-up checks on education grants
Tynwald backs alternative approach to citizens jury
Garff by-election: Candidate standing wants to give back to the community