
The latest stage of redevelopment on the Clagh Vane estate in Ballasalla has received unanimous support.
Tynwald last night (Tuesday) agreed to spend £1.171 million on the scheme.
In proposing the move, Social Care Minister Howard Quayle admitted he was encouraged that professional fees only accounted for 2.7 per cent of the overall cost, while Onchan member Peter Karran said it was a realistic figure for what public sector housing should cost.
MHK for the area, Graham Cregeen, welcomed the move and explained how the dynamic on the housing estate had changed.
He said some young families had been forced to move out of Ballasalla as a number of properties were unfit and unused.
Important gaps in Manx Care staffing pointed out
Could we be in for a warm and sunny TT?
Planning approval for temporary waste storage for Balthane Roundabout scheme
"We want a three year plan for the meat plant", says DEFA
Manx Care failed to prove leaflet cost details should be exempt from FoI