crop.jpg)
Rate payers in the east of the Island are being told there is no question of them facing a new charge to dispose of waste at the Eastern District Civic Amenity Site, at Middle River.
Douglas Councillor David Christian says the outgoing operator has been given six month's notice, which expires in the next couple of weeks, and the Corporation will be taking over operation of the facility from January 11.
Concern was raised on Manx Radio's Mannin Line that a charge might be introduced for people using the site, but Councillor Christian said that wouldn't be happening:

Manx Care TT ready despite 'exceptional' pressures faced last week
'Isle of Man could drive drug reform innovation'
Noble's Emergency Department 'well under the size that it should be'
Onchan commissioner announces General Election bid
Yellow weather warning for coastal overtopping